Tuesday, October 27, 2020

22-year-old Palestinian succumbs to gun shot wound to head

June 26, 2014
Section: [Main News] [Life under Occupation]
Tags: [Qalandia Refugee Camp] [Nablus] [Hebron] [Hadassah hospital]

The funeral of Mustafa Husni Aslan. Photo by Lazar Simeonov.

A 22-year-old Palestinian succumbed on Wednesday to wounds he sustained during clashes with the Israeli army in Qalandiya refugee camp last week.

Mustafa Husni Aslan was shot in the head last Friday when clashes broke out while Israeli troops raided the camp. He was first brought to Ramallah Public Hospital before being transferred to Hadassah hospital in Jerusalem per his family’s request, local news agencies reported.

He was announced “clinically dead” shortly after arriving to the Hadassah on Friday, but was not officially declared dead until Wednesday. His funeral was held Wednesday evening in Qalandiya camp.

Israeli forces raided Nablus overnight Wednesday without notifying Palestinian Authority security services, local agencies reported.

This is the first time in years that Israeli forces have entered Area A, an area theoretically under Palestinian civil and military control, without coordinating with PA security forces.

The security coordination agreement, signed as part of the Oslo Accords in the mid 1990s, holds that Israel’s military liaison department must inform the PA when Israeli forces are to enter Area A.

The move, one Palestinian official told Ma’an News Agency, is “unprecedented,” and “reflects a new trend against the Palestinian Authority.”

Israeli forces additionally raided over 200 homes overnight in the village of Awarta, near Nablus.

On Thursday morning, an elderly Palestinian woman died of a fatal heart attack during a raid by the Israeli army in el-Arrub refugee camp north of Hebron.

Doctors reportedly tried to resuscitate Fatima Ismail Issa Rushi, 78, twice before declaring her dead shortly after she arrived to the al-Ahli Hopstial in Hebron.

Israeli soldiers reportedly cut the power and then raided the el-Arrub camp around midnight on Wednesday, searching homes and handing out summons to several young men.

Additional raids and arrests took place throughout the district of Hebron.

Israeli forces have shot and killed five Palestinians, injured more than 120, and arrested more than 500 since the campaign of mass arrests across the West Bank began on 12 June, ostensibly in connection to the disappearance of three Israeli teens near Gush Etzion that day.




























Back to Top

Related Articles

Israel stops renewing visas for UN human rights workers
October 21, 2020

Settlement expansion announced in West Bank, first since Gulf deals
October 15, 2020

Palestinian prisoner “on the verge of death” after 80-day hunger strike
October 13, 2020

Most Popular Articles

Israel’s puppet war unmasks apartheid regime
The El-Hakawati theatre was colorfully adorned to host its annual International

Rushdi Tamimi becomes second victim of Israeli army in Nabi Saleh
On Tuesday November 21st, the body of 31 year old Rushdi Tamimi was

Israel Avoids Hard-Right Shift: No Benefit for Palestinians
With many commentators predicting big wins for the settler movement in

Designed & Developed by: Pixel Co